Mrs. Tejeda is a dual Mexico and Spain citizen with an appreciation of languages and cultures fostered at a very young age. Mrs Tejeda is a Mexican Attorney with a Master in International and European Law who has more than 15 years of experience working for several Law Firms in Europe, Mexico and the U.S. Mrs. Tejeda joined Asa Hutchinson Law Group in July 2019 and will be taking over the expansion of the Law Firm into Europe by opening an office in Madrid, Spain in September 2019. Mrs. Tejeda speaks Spanish, English and French and has an extensive experience in different areas such as Corporate Law, Intellectual Property, International Arbitration, International Trade European Law and U.S. Immigration Law.
After graduating with Honors from Law School, where she obtained a specialization in International Law, she obtained a Master in International and European Law from ISDE Law Business School in Barcelona and attended the Courses on Public and International Law at The Hague Academy of International Law in The Netherlands. She has a vast work experience which includes:
- Paralegal, Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, San Diego, California, USA (February 2018 – June 2019)
Immigration Law: Working with VIP Clients and clients whose primary language is not English but Spanish and/or French;
Training new legal assistants and paralegals on some aspects of immigration procedures and firm policies;
In charge of preparing and filing Nonimmigrant visas, Consular Processings, Adjustment of Status and Naturalization processes. Specialized on TN Visas, investment Visas (including E-1 and E-2 visas) and member of the EB-5 Visa Program where she played a key role by bringing new clients, organizing and attending meetings with Attorneys and potential clients, obtaining supporting documentation from Applicants, Regional Centers, and Financial institutions and representatives;
- Paralegal, Law Office of Grace Zimmerman, La Jolla, California, USA (January 2016-February 2018)
Immigration Law: Prepared Nonimmigrant Visas (including TNs and E-1/E-2s), Family-Based Immigrant petitions, I-140 petitions, Adjustment of Status, Citizenship/Naturalization, Permanent Residence and Asylum applications.
- Business projects in MEXICO and USA (January 2010-February 2015)
Along with her husband, created and developed a company in Mexico and later in the U.S providing products and services in the food industry as well as the opening of a Market and later on a Restaurant in San Diego, California.
- Legal Advisor/Researcher, Armesto & Asociados, Madrid, SPAIN (Jan 2005- June 2008)
Commercial and Investment Arbitration: Responsible of preparing legal documents and doing legal research for various national and international arbitrations administered by different associations such as AAA, ICC, LCIA, etc as well as ad hoc procedures under UNCITRAL Rules.
- Associate Corporate Law Attorney, Duclaud Attorneys, Cancún, MEXICO (Jan-Aug 2004)
Corporate Law: Company formations, mergers and acquisitions, foreign investments and International Law.
- Legal Advisor/Researcher, J.A. Cremades et Associés, Paris, FRANCE (Aug-Dec 2003).
European and International Law: International arbitration, civil and commercial European and International law.
- Legal Advisor/Researcher, Pritchard Engelfield Solicitors; Pannone Partners; London,ENGLAND (Feb-July 2002)
European and International Law: Responsible for all cases within mexican parties, clinical negligence, international litigation, European and International Law.
- Legal Advisor/Researcher, Bufete Mullerat & Advocats Associats Law Firm; Barcelona, SPAIN (Oct 2001-Feb 2002)
European and International Law: Master´s Degree Internship
- Associate Attorney, “Mario Bracamonte Attorneys” (associated Law Firm of Baker & Mckenzie) Puebla, MEXICO (2001-2003)
Coordinator of the Company Commercial and Intellectual Property Departments: Coordinator of Business and Intellectual Property Departments in charge of Company formations, mergers and acquisitions; registration of trademarks and patents.
- Assistant Lawyer, Public Notary; Puebla, MEXICO (1999- 2000)
Corporate Law: Responsible of the elaboration of Credit Contracts, Powers of Attorney and personal contact with clients.
Publications:In collaboration with the International Arbitrator Juan Fernández Armesto, Ms. Tejeda was in charge of the preparation, research and documentation of the following Article: